As a developer connecting a new operator to your application you need to make a choice of what type of tariff your application will be used. The choice is so important that it determines in which moment subscriber will be charged for the service that your application provides. The following describes the two approaches, remember also that the operator does not always provide both types of tariffs.
Mobile Originated Charging
When Creatary receives the Incoming SMS from subscriber (via operator), it will immediately submit the charging request to the operator.
- The charging request will be triggered when Incoming SMS is received.
- Creatary has to look up the application owner of the incoming SMS, which is identified by the shortcode and/or keyword.
- Creatary has to wait for successful charging response before deliver the Incoming SMS.
Mobile Terminated Charging
When Creatary receives the Outgoing SMS from applications (via RestAPI), it will deliver SMS MT to operator and then also submit charging request.
- The charging request will be triggered only when Outgoing SMS is send.
- When application sends multiple SMSs, charging request is send only once, just after first Outgoing SMS is send (accepted by operator).