Subscriptions allow your application to charge your users, using their mobile bill, on regular intervals (e.g.: weekly, monthly) for the services you provide them.
As such, there is not a single interface that provides you with the subscription capabilities, instead it is provided by a combination of application settings and OAUTH authorization flow: when you want your application to charge users on a recurrent basis the first thing you need to do is to configure your application in creatary.com so that:
- You select 'Subscription Charging' in 'API usage' tab
- You select 'Enable OAuth permanent access token' in 'API usage' tab
- You provide 'OAuth Callback' in 'OAuth' tab
- You provide your subscription details in 'Subscription Charging' tab, the details you need to provide are the subscription packages that you want to offer to your subscribers and the connection between subscription packages and operator charging tariffs (who often charges to subscribers will happen and the amount that will be charged to the subscriber)
- Optionally, you can provide in 'Subscription Charging' tab a 'Charging callback' that will be invoked everytime one of your users is charged by Creatary, you can find more information here: Charging Callback
- Optionally, you can provide in 'Application details' tab a 'Lifecycle callback Url' that will be invoked whenever subscriber unsubscribes from your application, you can find more information here: Subscriber Lifecycle Callback
Subscription packages allow your application to have different charges to different users, e.g.: you may want to charge differently your premium users and your freemium users.
When you want a user to subscribe to your application or service, you should redirect the user to the OAUTH authorization flow, and in the user authorization you need to provide the subscription package.
Once the end user has authorized your application charges will apply and you will start to earn your revenue share out of those charges.
Subscribers can unsubscribe from your application by visiting creatary.com, in which case you will get a notification in the 'Lifecycle callback Url'. We recommend you to also add 'unsubscribe' functionality in your application / service (you can programmatically unsubscribe any of your users using the Unsubscribe from application interface).